Good Morning Gresham Wildcats,
Today is Friday, May 15, 2020
Announcements for today include:
**Happy Birthday to Jessa on Saturday
**Gresham is delivering Free breakfast/lunch during this closure.
Please fill out the form if you Haven't signed up or want to change
your preference. You can call the school @ 715-787-3211 EX. 800.
**Due to No Power; NO ONE will be at school on May 20-22;
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday of Next Week.
** The meals will still be going out on those days.
**There is a new mailbox for you to put your homework in after hours.
Please bring your homework and put it in there if no one is in the office.
2020 Daily Holidays that fall on May 15, include:
- Dinosaur Day
- Endangered Species Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- Hyperemisis Gravidarum Awareness Day
- International Conscientious Objector Day
- International Day of Families
- International Defense Transportation Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day
- International MPS Awareness Day
- International Virtual Assistants Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- NASCAR Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- National Bike to Work Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- National Chocolate Chip Day
- National Defense Transportation Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- National Nylon Stockings Day
- National Pizza Party Day - May 15, 2020 (Third Friday in May)
- O. Henry Pun-Off Day - May 15, 2020
- Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Straw Hat Day
- TSC Global Awareness Day (Tuberous Sclerosis Complex)
**Here are a few words of wisdom:
How many of you have heard the term "the butterfly effect"? It's a term
used by scientists (astrophysicists) to explain how everything in our
universe is connected. The idea is that if a butterfly in Africa lands on the
nose of a little girl, this one small action ripples out and affects the entire
universe. It's like a small pebble being dropped into a still pond. It ripples
out and affects everything in the pond.
Author Madeleine L'Engle is fascinated with the idea of "the butterfly
effect." Now listen to what she has to say:
I look at what is happening on our planet, and I see nation
against nation, race against race, religion against religion
- but I still feel hope that at least on an individual basis
connections can be remade.....
Today, try out the butterfly effect for yourself. Make positive connections
with those around you, remembering that your actions will ripple out in
ways which you may never understand but may affect the entire universe.
**With something to think about, Make it a great day... or not. The choice is yours